When you get acupuncture at Hooked on Acupuncture you are not just a patient, you are a participant.
We are one of many clinics around the country in recent years to address the issue of affordability and access to acupuncture by offering treatment in a group setting with a sliding pay structure. Treating in a group setting is actually a very traditional way of providing acupuncture, so we’re kind of shining a new light on a very old way of doing things.
Community acupuncture is community supported acupuncture (we don’t receive any grants or other funding to do what we do), and by supporting this clinic, you are participating in making the benefits of acupuncture accessible to more people than previously possible. You are also participating in receiving acupuncture in the context of a community of other people who, like yourself, have come to acupuncture because they need help with something. We are, after all, all in this together. Thanks for being here.
New patients: Please fill out all paperwork at home and bring with you OR arrive 30 minutes early for your 1st appointment to fill out prior to your appointment time. You can download your paperwork here (.PDF).
Your initial consultation will take 30 minutes, so plan on 90 minutes for treatment. There is an additional $10 charge for the initial visit, on top of what you choose to pay based on your income.
Please read before you come:
• Cell phones must be turned off in the clinic.
• Plan to be at the clinic for about 90 minutes. Follow up treatments may not take as long. While typically a treatment lasts about an hour, we’ll leave you as long as you look like you’re resting soundly. So please give us a sign if you’re done – or be sure to let us know if you need to be out by a certain time.
• Please do not wear cologne, perfume, or scented lotions. Many people are sensitive to smells. Also, please don’t wear oils on your skin or hair when you come, as it ruins our sheets.
• Please eat a little something beforehand. Acupuncture is not recommended on an empty stomach.
• Wear loose, comfortable clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up to the elbows and pants that can be rolled up to the knees.
• Please be considerate of others in the group treatment room. Quiet is appreciated. Most people fall asleep when they get acupuncture. Some people snore, so if you are sensitive to sounds you might want to bring some earplugs.
Acupuncture Treatment: $20-50 sliding scale (you pick what you pay)
Initial Consultation: $10 (first visit only)
Cupping Session: $20
Herbal Consultation: $20
Herbal Medicine, Supplements: Prices Vary
We are unable to accept insurance due to our sliding scale fee.